Friday, July 11, 2008

Sometimes, it is better to sit quietly and be thought a fool...

     This next excerpt comes from someone on Ray's blog named Susan.

     "As a matter of fact, if the atheist is right and there is no God why does it matter to them that we believe in our Creator? Why do they hate, so much, someone they don't believe exists? Obviously with all the time they spend on this blog talking about Him and trying to discredit His word they must really have a huge problem with Him and us (His followers, especially Ray.) I don't understand it. Maybe they are trying to get rid of their conscience and the guilt that they feel deep down inside. Most of them seem to find real joy in trying to prove Ray wrong."

     My own thoughts are that the fact that they believe in a creator, in itself, does not matter to me. However, the fact that they wish to impose their beliefs, particularly given the history of the christian church, disturbs me greatly. I have no desire to see a return to executions for heresy. So any time that "fox" attempt to stick its nose into my tent, I will beat it off. And, no, I don't buy the line that those were "not true christians." Such a line is entirely in keeping with the history.

No comments: