Friday, July 25, 2008

Hitler was a christian, not an atheist.

     I bring this not to condemn christianity for the actions of a madman. However, I have seen quite a few people trying to lay Nazi Germany's actions at the foot of atheism. There are varying degrees to this. Some say that rejecting christianity left them open to perversion. Some are trying to say that that is the "true face" of atheism.
     I don't whether these people are just unaware of the reality or if they are "lying for Jesus." There is probably a bit of both. Hitler was a christian. In his warped, twisted little mind, he thought what he was doing was for Jesus. Now, I'm sure that a lot of people will tell me that "most christians aren't like that." I quite agree. Hitler was a madman and not representative of anything but Hitler. (He was a charismatic madman. That is always a dangerous combination.) That is why I don't bring him up in my objections to christianity. (I consider the Inquisition and the "witch burnings" to be more representative.) However, I want to set facts straight.
     I am also not interested in claims that he was not a True Christian™. That is a cop-out given as "answer" to that which is inconvenient to christianity. He was as "true" as any other christian.

No comments: