Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Does "Patrick" exist?

     On his blog, Ray Comfort talks about an alleged atheist named Patrick who threatened to sue over his nonsensical "National Atheist Day" bumper stickers. Ray claims that 40 atheists contacted Patrick, telling him to drop the suit. Really? How? Seriously, if there was someone threatening a lawsuit, there was no information to let anyone know whom to contact. That sort of story is only fitting where Tattoo says, "de plane, boss, de plane." (I do not mean this to be derogatory to any potentially sensitive group. That only describes the character.)

8 comments:

flinging dust said...

Patrick called into The Atheist Experience and I watched the show. So yes, he is a real person. I would suppose that maybe the 40 atheists might have been some from that show, because he also emailed them and that is one way they could have gotten his contact info.

flinging dust said...

This is how people got Patrick's info.

flinging dust said...

Ok, I screwed up the link, let me try this again:

They got his info here.

Pvblivs said...

     Very well. I had only Ray's word to go on. So my judgement was that it was likely fiction. The story didn't seem likely. Go figure.

flinging dust said...

I understand where you are coming from, though. Ray can not be trusted to tell the truth on anything. If that man told me the sky was blue I'd have to go outside and check before I believed him.

Benjamin - The Sower said...

Okay, so now I've visited... And my question is this...

Are you going to retract your assertion that Ray is lying about Patrick?

I mean, it would only be fair of you to practice what you are preaching... whoops, sorry to use a Christian term on your site... I'll try not to let it happen again...

You wouldn't want to be hypocritical, would you?

Ranting Student said...

Hey Bennie

Pvblivs said...
Very well. I had only Ray's word to go on. So my judgement was that it was likely fiction. The story didn't seem likely. Go figure.



...Last I heard though, Pvblivs doesn't preach.

Pvblivs said...

Benjamin:

     I advanced it as an alernate possibility, not as a known fact. However, I will state here. I was incorrect as far as Patrick goes. Ray did not make him up. (I am not however going to give Ray something to quote-mine at his own blog.)