Saturday, November 15, 2008

I leave it to my readers to make their own decisions. I expect this to be deleted.

Dani' El said...
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg2/gregvella/avatar2_14.gif

Pvb,
If you can return to a respectful conversation I would be glad to see it.
But to come to my blog and spew accusations and blasphemy is disrespectful.
I would never do the same on your blog or anywhere else.

Shalom,
Dani' El

November 15, 2008 5:18 PM


Pvblivs said...
     "But to come to my blog and spew accusations and blasphemy is disrespectful."
     Pot meet kettle. This blog consists largely of accusations against residents of California (e.g. "Evangelists driven out of Catro - San Francisco," "Sodomites terrorize a church," "Extreme wickedness in San Fransodom.") No, I was respectful and Daniel decided to start quoting bible verses starting with "but he answered him nothing." That is, of course, highly disrepectful. The blasphemy charge is, of course, complete nonsense. Blasphemy consists of "misuse" of the name of the hebrew god, consisting of four hebrew letters. I do not know this name. I probably couldn't pronounce it. And I don't have the means to type it. Simply put, I couldn't commit blasphemy if I wanted to.
     My analysis is sincere. I really believe that all the bible-verse quoting really was Daniel's human spirit doing what he could to warn against evil spirits that have trapped and constrained him.

November 15, 2008 5:56 PM

UPDATE:

Dani' El said...
Pvb,
This started when you started making demands, commanding that I do this or that to satisfy you.
Even demanding that I stop quoting scripure on my own blog.

You then wrote-
"Certainly Jesus, if he was anything like the bible describes was a grand deceiver. But now I see that the biblical god is a cruel master indeed."

That's blasphemy and you are showing yourself to be a troll.

If you decide to change your ways I would be glad to see it, but until then I will be ignoring anything you write that is libelous or blashpemous.
If necessary I will start to moderate comments.

Is that your goal?

And Calif is my home and I am well within my rights to criticize her.
And I am sent by God to warn of judgment, I do not obey your commands.

November 15, 2008 6:10 PM


Pvblivs said...
     "Ah, not that is a testable claim. If you move a few mountains, it will surely make the headlines. I am also sure that you will impress quite a few non-christians with such a feat. On the other hand, if the headlines say nothing of that over the next few days, I will have to assume that your attempt to move mountains was a failure."
     Is that a demand? I would say no. It is a challenge. It's a way of saying "talk is cheap" in response to a previous claim that he had faith to move mountains.
     You will also not find a deman that he stop quoting the bible from me. The closest you will find is that I said that he need not do so any more as it could not accomplish anything more and a separate declaration that I would ignore any further bible passages.
     My criticism was of a double-standard, not of making accusations themselves. If I were going to criticize making accusations, I would have done so when the accusations started. It is when he turned around and said that I should not be making accusations even though he does so himself that I criticized the hypocrisy.
     Since my goal was asked, I shall state it. It is my goal (metaphorically) to hold up a large mirror so that the writer of the blog can see himself as he is.
     Now, some people who are paying attention may note that I have, in the past, defended Daniel against accusations that I thought were unjust. They may wonder if I regret doing that, given the repayment. I do not. I did that for the sake of integrity and for what is right. If appropriate, I would do it again. I always seek to do that which is right. But that means that no being can be above criticism, even when the blog writer calls such criticism "blasphemy."

November 15, 2008 6:41 PM

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

pvblivs, you said

Blasphemy consists of "misuse" of the name of the hebrew god, consisting of four hebrew letters

I do not understand quote mining so I hope that's not what I've done here.

It is my understanding that blasphemy is rejection of the Holy Spirit and is also the unpardonable sin leading to death.

I know the popular meaning is as you have stated it, but I've learned differently.

Your thoughts?

Pvblivs said...

     My thoughts are that you are calling deserved criticism "blasphamy." It is mark of a despot that he punishes people for saying unflattering thing about him.

Cynthia said...

Well, actually, I don't believe my statement has anything to do with criticism as much as it does rejection.

I do think the definition of blasphemy that you are using has more to do with criticism, which is correct also.

I was just wondering if you had ever heard of the definition I gave or considered it?