Sunday, May 30, 2010

"It's a free gif. All you have to do is..."

     It seems a lot of christians say that "salvation" is a "free" gift, but then say you have to worship Jesus. If I have to do anything to receive a "gift," it is not free. Since I seem to hear the line "Jesus paid your fine" a lot, I will use that for an analogy. Suppose you face a kangaroo court and are fined $1,000,000,000 for a trumped-up claim. But the judge's brother-in-law offers to pay your fine for you (he actually is a billionaire.) Now, if he pays the fine, it is only 2¢ out of his pocket, and you have to worship him forever. Now, to me, this whole scenario seems rather unfair.
     The situation with Jesus is pretty much the same. The accusation looks fake, the fine as supposedly "paid" it is far less than what would supposedly be applied to me. And it's calling me into worship. Thanks, but no thanks. I think this is a scam.

1 comment:

俊茹 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.