Sunday, May 04, 2008

The intellectual integrity of "Atheism is Dead" (again)

     This post is here. I know I seem to harp on them a lot. But most christians don't pretend they are trying to promote intellectual responsibility. This time the site was boasting about how christians do more charitable giving than non-christians (at least openly and for the records.) A blogger with a user name of "MarSm" made reference to the boast (probably with the implied reminder that the bible claims one should not boast of one's charitable works.) One of the blog administrators said that he was only posting it as "interesting," not as a boast. MarSm's reply was deleted.
     Now, I am not a mind-reader; but it seems unlikely that he was a troll or that he posted something inappropriate. It is very likely that he pointed out that to be non-boastful in giving, one would have to do so anonymously. This would interfere with statistics. I posted my thoughts on that and they either deleted my comment or are holding it in limbo. It has been a couple days and they have approved other comments since.
     Seriously, is there anyone who attempts to spread christianity without resorting to deceitful tactics? I have seen believers who do not attempt to deceive; but they have not been "spreading the faith." I have seen "faith spreaders;" but they have been deceptive.

1 comment:

Reynold said...

Whoops. Sorry, this is the post I was planning to read, not the "Expelled" one.


Yeah, I saw that post too. I've never seen a more tranparent lie in my life. The post in on a blog whose purpose is to ream atheists, by hosts who constantly do that same action, the blog is trying to extoll xianity as the truth, yet it's not boasting.

It is very likely that he pointed out that to be non-boastful in giving, one would have to do so anonymously. Exactly, and not have made any noise about how good they are. Even jesus taught that lesson in the bible.